August 30th, 2017
5 Tips to a Better Invisalign Experience
Orthodontic treatment has options! Everyone loves options, especially when it is something that is really important. An impressive and hugely successful orthodontic option is Invisalign or Clear Aligner therapy. You will love that when wearing Invisalign aligners at a conversational distance friends and colleagues will have no idea that they are there. Aligners being removable make treatment results depend to a great degree on your compliance. That’s right, Dr. King is masterful at his art but if you aren’t wearing the trays as instructed then the fantastic results you want will not occur and teeth will not align properly. Under Dr. K’s supervision and with your compliance you can expect and will have EXCELLENT Invisalign results. Take it from someone who has undergone aligner therapy and has shared some Invisalign success tips.
- (True story) Remember to use your Invisalign case to store your aligners. I occasionally would place my Invisalign in my pockets. Much to my chagrin a shopping receipt embedded into the groves of my aligners leading to a nasty surprise. It wasn’t fun to imagine how long the Target receipt took to turn into pocket lint but it certainly tasted like a finely aged cheese.
- Remove trays before strenuous cardio such as running. Strenuous activity while wearing Invisalign trays can prove to be a bit difficult because of dryness and excessive saliva. Not a pretty sight.
- Definitely brush after meals and snacks. Not only should you NOT eat and drink in your trays it is imperative that you brush after consuming snacks and meals. If you don’t do this religiously you’ll find that the trays hold the taste of coffee or whatever you’ve eaten. Trust me; this is not a rewarding experience as you move through the rest of the day.
- Use chewies* (soft spongy plastic-like material) to seat clear aligners. Exercising into the trays 5-10 mins a couple of times a day, by chewing on soft plastic chewies not only helped the Invisalign trays hug the teeth, it also helps keeps you from snacking throughout the day. Bonus!!!
- Delay the aligner change before a big or important event. It takes a day to get used to the new tray and it’s preferable for that day to be on a weekend so that the rest of the week is comfortable at work or school.
Jupiter Orthodontics is a family oriented and adult friendly practice. We’ll be there for you as you navigate through your adult orthodontic journey as well as assist young ones with their challenges. Call us to find out which appliances best fits your lifestyle to achieve that fantastic smile you so richly deserve. Your consultation is always complimentary and for young ones observation is always without charge until the time is perfect to begin treatment.