Over 8 million people have used Invisalign® in the United States! It’s not difficult to understand why Invisalign is so popular; this treatment offers convenience, comfort, and a custom design. When you start your treatment with Invisalign at Jupiter Orthodontics, you’re experiencing the most technologically-advanced clear aligners in the world.
We believe patient education is essential to a successful orthodontic treatment, so we will always provide you with all of the information and resources you need to support you throughout your treatment.
If you are currently undergoing Invisalign treatment, or you’re ready to begin treatment with Invisalign to maximize your quality of life, we have some tips to help you achieve the best Invisalign results!
5 Tips to achieve the best Invisalign results
- Store your aligners properly.Be careful to not misplace your aligners! Even though one of the benefits of Invisalign is their transparent appearance, this also means that they can be easy to misplace if you don’t store them in your carrying case.It is important to carry your Invisalign case with you to avoid losing them or throwing them away by mistake.
- Floss and brush your teeth regularly.With Invisalign aligners and braces, you should always floss and brush your teeth regularly. It is important that you are dedicated to brushing your teeth two to three times a day, not only to prevent stains, but to prevent gum disease, and bacteria build-up too!Flossing is essential.Flossing helps to remove the food particles lodged between your teeth to minimize your chances of developing gum disease.Pro tip: Invisalign is removable, so you can take your aligners out to brush and floss after every meal. Consider carrying a small travel toothbrush, so you can clean your teeth as often as you need. Be sure to rinse your aligners with lukewarm water periodically throughout the day.
- Wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours each day.For your aligners to be effective, it’s important to wear them for at least 22 hours each day. At your initial consultation with Dr. King, he will discuss your expected treatment length with you. The length of your treatment will depend on your specific case, but if you don’t wear your aligners as instructed, you’re likely to experience a longer treatment than initially expected! However, if you follow all instructions you’ll be seeing results before you know it.Dr. King advises you to wear your Invisalign aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day, and only remove them to eat, brush, floss and drink liquids other than waterWearing your clear aligners as instructed by Dr. King is crucial for staying on track with your treatment, maximizing your results, and ensuring an efficient treatment process!
- Wear your retainer after your treatment is completed.Completing your Invisalign treatment is certainly a reason to smile! To keep your smile in its beautiful new position, you will need to wear a retainer as the final phase of your orthodontic treatment. The goal of a retainer is to hold your teeth in place while they stabilize and settle into the jawbone.Dr. King will advise you on how often to wear your retainer as your Invisalign treatment comes to a close. At first, you’ll wear your retainer day and night to support your teeth and gums and prevent them from shifting. If you don’t wear your retainer and your teeth revert to their previous position, you’re reversing all of the work you and Dr. King put into your new smile!
- Don’t miss your orthodontic appointments! Last, but certainly not least, it’s important that you attend all of your orthodontic appointments and follow Dr. King’s instructions throughout your treatment. Your regular orthodontic appointments are critical for monitoring your progress and making any necessary adjustments to improve your treatment process. At your appointments, don’t be shy to ask Dr. King any questions. The more you know, the better!
We are confident that you’ll be extremely satisfied with your Invisalign results when you choose treatment with Dr. King! If you completed treatment with another orthodontist and you’re unhappy with your invisalign results, or you’re currently in treatment elsewhere and are unhappy, we encourage you to reach out to us. We are 20,000 beautiful smiles strong—and counting!
Ready to begin your journey to a healthy, confident smile? Request your free orthodontic exam with Dr. King today! Visit our Jupiter office, or schedule a virtual smile assessment without leaving your home.
We are on a mission to provide affordable, high-quality treatment to every family, regardless of their financial situation!